Sunday was J’s six month birthday! It’s amazing how much he has changed in so little time.
5 days old:
Photo Credit: Photos by Brooke
Look at that precious smile! It’s becoming easier and easier to capture it in pictures… it used to be such a challenge.
(My photography skills have also greatly improved! I now know what the ISO wheel does. Kind of.)
J’s six-month check-up was yesterday, and the pediatrician helped ease my worries over his lack of interest in solid food. She suggested that I just keep trying… And last night we had some success with sweet potatoes — he swallowed almost all of it and even smiled a bit!
He also got his six-month vaccinations — but we’re done with those until 12 months. So glad! It’s no fun to watch him scream when they stick him in his legs, and he tends to be fussy for the next couple of days. It makes me feel so bad — but I know it’s what’s best for him, and I’d rather deal with some temporary fussiness than a terrible illness!
He’s in great shape developmentally, it seems. Still long and lean! No sign of teeth yet, but the doctor said not to worry.
- Length: 27 inches (75%)
- Weight: 16 pounds, 4 ounces (25-50%)
- Head circumference: 42.5 cm (25-50%)
- Teeth: none
- Breastfeeds: 5 times a day
- Solid foods we’ve tried: rice cereal, avocado, sweet potatoes
- Rolling over: one way (front to back)
- Sounds he makes: mostly vowels, with a few consonants thrown in; musical raspberries; loud, high-pitched squeals of joy
- Favorite toy: plush cube by Lamaze
- Sleeping: 8-11 hours a night (usually); three 1 to 2-hour naps during the day
- Likes: having his fingers and toes eaten; having mom’s hair on his face; pulling mom’s hair
- Dislikes: loud noises; being hungry or tired